Some stores have the greatest Facebook pages full of insightful, inspiring and useful info and Shop for Tots is one of these. Shop for Tots is an Australian owned online store run by Kate, a mother of three year old twins and their Facebook page is run by Jo, Kate’s sister-in-law, who has 16 years of early childhood teaching experience. It is a buzzing hive of activity and a place where their followers can find out about product releases, exciting new brands, sales and discount codes. It also offers lots of hints, tips, activities and ideas to do with your little ones. We love seeing their posts pop up on our news feed, and so we asked the uber creative team at Shop for Tots to guest blog on TSN with some of their favourite kids activities.
SHOP FOR TOTS LOVES….
HOMEMADE NO- COOK PLAYDOUGH!
Why cook playdough on a stove when you can use this recipe with simple ingredients in your kitchen? Just combine 2 cups flour, 1 cup salt, 2 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon cream of tartar & 2 cups boiling water (coloured with your favourite food dye). Mix together in a large bowl and enjoy! For added sparkle you can always add some glitter for the special little one in your life. This recipe lasts for a number of weeks if stored in an airtight container or bag in the fridge.
A LETTER FROM THE TOOTH FAIRY
When a child loses their first tooth, it is a very special time in their life. Why not make it even more memorable with a tiny letter from the tooth fairy? A letter printed in a size 2 font on a computer or a handwritten note reduced in size on a photocopier will be perfect.
HOMEMADE FINGER PAINTS
This recipe for homemade finger paints is tried and tested with amazing results. Why spend a fortune on paints when these paints can be made with simple ingredients already in your kitchen? Fully washable and long-lasting, these paints are amazing! All the information can be found at easie peasie.
RAINBOW RICE SENSORY TUB
Rainbow rice is super easy to make with only 3 ingredients - rice, food colouring and rubbing alcohol. Your kids will love colouring the rice and playing with the finished product. The simple instructions were originally found at Share and Remember. Have fun!
www.shopfortots.com.au sells amazing products for babies and children and they stock an expanding range of clothes, shoes, toys, games and everything in between! Shop for Tots just celebrated their 1st birthday and they love to bring you stylish products from Australia and around the world, with super fast delivery and exceptional service. If you are yet to check it out, be sure to click here now – we promise you will love it!
I generally eat very healthy however of late I have found my snacking to be a little out of control and I just can’t seem to help myself when it comes to sweet biscuits. Just like planning your meals, planning your snacks is a great idea too because it will save you from reaching for processed and/or sugar loaded options.
This week I’m making a conscious effort to ‘snack right’ so here is my list of energy boosting snacks:
1. Hummus dip with carrot sticks [preferably make your own, or, buy a preservative free one from the store]
2. Cheese & gluten free crackers – I’m not gluten intolerant but I think the less gluten you eat the better
3. Fresh yoghurt with berries
4. Wholegrain muesli bar – I like Carmen’s fruit muesli bars, great for ‘on the run’ days
5. Other great on the run options: fresh fruit, nuts, smoothies, fresh juice
And water, water, water!
“Hi, I’m Nikki. I write this blog to help busy women like me get out the door each day looking and feeling the best they can. It’s not about embracing the latest fashion (although this certainly helps). It’s about really understanding what makes you tick, what drives your personality, and dressing accordingly so that others can see the real you. I’ll share a secret with you here … sometimes the real me isn’t so crash hot. On those days I choose to stay home and embrace my inner dag (You have my permission to do the same).”
It’s time for our favourite post of the month…. A Day in the Life of Nikki Parkinson [a.k.a. the gorgeous lady behind ‘Styling You’]. What we love most about Nikki’s website is that she keeps it real. She makes fashion easy and accessible to all women regardless of their lifestyle. Nikki is a busy mum of three who started her blog after a 20-year journalism career including a role as fashion and beauty editor.
We are so grateful to Nikki for taking the time to show TSN readers a day in her life. We are so excited and hope you love it as much as we do! Enjoy!
1. First thing I do when I wake is check Twitter and Facebook on my iPad ... I know this is bad, isn't it?!
2. Make lunch and breakfast for my youngest ... Flynn, is almost 7. I have two teenagers as well: A son, who is nearly 17 and a daughter who is 15.
3. Shower, get dressed and apply makeup. I'm working at home so keeping it casual.
4. Do the school run. This is my everyday arm party.
5. Where I blog ... most of my day (during school hours) is spent here at my desk. It's a corner of our lounge room. When I "grow up" I'll have a separate office.
6. New beauty products arrive. Time to sort what I'm trialling for the blog next.
7. The trialling zone in my bathroom ... it's ever-changing as I try to keep some sort of order to the process of trialling and blogging about new skincare and makeup products.
8. I love deliveries. Today is a new orange coat I ordered from Gorman. It's love at first tissue paper sighting!
9. A weekly fruit and vegetable delivery is just one of the things that help me to keep on top of both work and family life.
10. It's 4.30pm and I'm off to Brisbane (about 1.5 hours away) with my friend and journalist Amy for the opening of two new stores in the city's revamped Wintergarden centre: Coach and Mecca Maxima
11. Wearing Leona Edmiston ... in Mecca Maxima.
12. Then on to the Coach opening. Yes, New York cab in Brisbane. I had to look twice!
13. There's a party crowd at Coach.
14. Lychee cocktails ... yum.
15. Celebrity factor ... Gyton Grantley ... and
16. Natalie Bassingthwaighte
17. Amy and I go looking for dinner before driving back home ... and manage to sweet talk ourselves into the opening of Grill'd